Aug 28, 2010

The Beginning!

Aug 28, 2010
So, time to begin this thing.


I have decided to go with Chaos Daemons, as I wish to play both fantasy and 40k and to be totally honest, get quite impatient with painting. I enjoy doing it, but it always ends up being put to the side and never done. So I figured, cover two games with one army paintjob!


Today I purchased the two army books to cover both Fantasy and 40k. I'm going to be going through and seeing what I want to buy. I have a few things in mind already and will likely pick up 20 Bloodletters, 20 Horrors, 3 (maybe 6) Flamers, a Daemon Prince and 3 Bloodcrushers. This should cover me for about 1k points in both fantasy and 40k, so should be a good starting point. And at 50 models, shouldn't be ~too~ daunting a task to put together and paint.


I'm not expecting it to field a perfect competitive list, I'll worry about that as the numbers increase. I would love to get some Plaguebearers too, but being the only core unit not to get a plastic version in the recent release has put me off them. Getting a decent sized group of them will be painfully expensive (not that the rest isn't, just more-so).


Hmm... what else to put here. I guess a small summary of why I'm bothering to get back into things. Some people at work play and reeled me in after some chatting about it over a few drinks. Good memories of playing many years ago flooded back and here I am! I used to play many different armys back in the day, probably a good 7 years ago that I stopped. Chaos was my army of choice in fantasy back then, but it was a mixed daemon + warriors list. All I have left of those days are my old smashed up Bloodthirster. But hey, its a start! And lets face it, everything else is just filler. Everyone loves smashing things with a Bloodthirster!


Anyways, time to go get some food methinks, I shall ponder on the things one ponders while eating, and possibly update this again later with something if I think of it.


-GiR

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger TemplatesThe Blog Full of Games;